ALERT – Mar 12, 2020 8:06:48 PM EST
Updated 3 20 2020
America Linehaul (ALC) understands that there is a tremendous amount of concern associated with the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our thoughts are with everyone who may be suffering. Our company hopes for a quick recovery of those affected, and for a swift dissipation of this global illness, as does the rest of the world.
Maintaining the health and safety of our team is critical to the success of continuing to provide you with American Linehaul’s services. We are closely following developments put out by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and by state and local offices around COVID-19 and are actively looking for ways to minimize exposure to our team members and to limit its impact on our customers.
We believe that we have a responsibility to our team, our customers, and the industry to continue operations during these types of events. All ALC facilities will continue to follow normal hours of operation. We expect to provide the same quality service to our customers as we always have. We do not expect to see a lapse(s) in service; however, if we do encounter challenges that may delay or limit service, we will communicate them to our customers.
This will be updated daily on the American Linehaul website in another subsequent memo.
What ALC is doing to lower the exposure to our team members and our customers:
- Implemented a no-visitor/ vendor policy within our internal American Linehaul office space. We will require hand sanitizer is used at all driver paperwork stations as well as upon entering the dispatch space.
- Communicating daily with our agent partner network to ensure that they are following strict COVID-19 safety guidelines in order to avoid any disruption to our network.
- Keeping our facilities and work areas clean and wiping down frequently touched areas on a regular basis. Increase frequency of cleaning services to deep clean office space.
- Wiping down equipment before and after shifts.
- Instructing our team members to wash/sanitizer their hands regularly.
- Suspension of all non-essential business travel.
- Employees who are not feeling well or have immediate family members who are not feeling well have been instructed to stay home and not return until they are able to provide a doctor’s note.
- Monitoring of supplies necessary in order to limit exposure and spread of COVID-19, which include restocking disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer, soap, etc.
- Suspension of the use of the Signature Capture on our scanning devices. This will prevent multiple users touching the scanning device throughout the course of a shift. We recommend drivers bring their own pens with them. American Linehaul has been operating with a dual POD system with both paper and scanned. This will not affect the operation as we have been using a dual paper POD already.
- Suspension of requirements for physical/hardcopy proof of delivery signatures (PODs).
We value our customers and our team members. We thank you for your patience as we navigate the challenges of the situation.
Please contact American Linehaul’s COVID-19 Task Force directly at email@example.com.
On behalf of all of us at ALC, thank you for understanding the challenges that we are all facing. Please keep yourself and loved ones safe during this time.